Successful Aging & Your Brain
**The Successful Aging and Your Brain DVD is currently not available. It will available at the beginning of 2017.**
Interested in planning a BRAIN HEALTH program?
Want to present EXPERT ADVICE about successful aging ?
Request the FREE Successful Aging & Your Brain DVD for your organization.
Jordan Grafman, PhD narrates this 30 minute program on what to expect from the aging brain including insights from top neuroscientists on the aging brain, memory, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and the science behind the brain-healthy lifestyle that may help us keep our brain sharp throughout life. Preview the DVD here.
|Successful Aging & Your Brain DVD
||Successful Aging & Your Brain Booklets
|| Successful Aging & Your Brain bookmark
||Successful Aging & Your Brain puzzles
The DVD is accompanied by the Successful Aging & Your Brain booklets, the Successful Aging & Your Brain bookmark, and the Successful Aging & Your Brain puzzles, all provided free of charge to organizations who wish to present the DVD. (Click the links to preview PDFs)
WHAT THE DVD COVERS:
- The four factors of a brain healthy lifestyle: mental activity, physical activity, social engagement, and vascular health/stress management
- How learning and memory change with age; memory lapses: what is normal and when to be concerned
- What causes memory problems?
- Tips for improving your memory
- New advances in treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease
HOW TO REQUEST THE DVD
**Limited supply available upon email requests only**
For DVD requests, email Successfulaging@dana.org. Include address and plans for DVD.
Questions? Contact Laura Reynolds (212) 401-1683, email@example.com.
HOW TO USE THE DVD
Here are some ideas for building a program around the DVD, direct from the organizations that have used this material.
- Screen the DVD as part of Brain Awareness Week, March 14-20, 2014. Register as a campaign partner, share your event information, and order free materials to distribute.
- Senior and community centers: screen the DVD and distribute the booklets, bookmarks, and puzzles.
- Incorporate the materials into a health fair or wellness day: screen the DVD or have it running all day, and distribute the booklets and puzzles.
- Libraries: add the DVD to your circulating collection, and distribute materials. Plan a screening of the DVD, or incorporate the materials into a brain book display during Brain Awareness Week.
- Plan a “brain exercise” program: play the DVD, lead your group in light seated exercise or stretching, play brain games or complete the puzzles from the Dana Alliance, and provide a healthy snack.
- For more ideas download How to use the Successful Aging & Your Brain DVD
THE SUCCESSFUL AGING & YOUR BRAIN EXPERTS:
- Narrator, Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives (DABI) member Jordon Grafman, PhD, Kessler Foundation
- DABI member Marilyn Albert, PhD, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
- Ramona Hopkins, PhD, Brigham Young University
- DABI member Guy McKhann, MD, Johns Hopkins University
- DABI member Reisa Sperling, MD, Brigham and Women's Hospital
The Successful Aging & Your Brain is a program of the Dana Foundation and the Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives in collaboration with AARP.