Dana Alliance Members' News and Views
Dana Alliance Member Newsletters
||Highlights from this Issue:
• Dana Alliance Extends International Membership
• EDAB and INS Present Symposium
• BAW Celebrates 20 Years of Education and Outreach
• Member's Views: John H. Bryne
• 2014 Cerebrum Anthology
• Dana Awards Grant to Royal Society
Dana Library and Research Centre Announced by Science Museum
• AAAS/Dana Neuroscience and Society Events
• Staying Sharp in the US and UK
• In the Lab: Harold Bekkering
• Downloadable Publications, Translations, and Resources
• New 2014 Alliance Members
Highlights from this Issue:
• Members' Views: Thomas R, Insel
• New Series: In the Lab
• Dana Funds Podcast Series
• BAW Gears Up for 20th Anniversary
• Design a Brain Competition
• Dana Works with AAAS to Offer
Three Neuroscience Programs
• New Publications for 2015
• Dana at SfN Annual Meeting
• Staying Sharp in Mandarin, and Beyond
||Highlights from this Issue:
• Staying Sharp Reaches Underserved Populations
• 500 New Partners Join BAW
• AAAS and Dana Collaborate for Successful Events
• Check Out Dana.org
• In Memoriam: Gerald M. Edelman, M.D., Ph.D.
• Members' Views: Carol Mason
• New Members of the Dana Alliance
• Dana and EDAB at FENS 2014
For previous issues of the Dana Alliance Member News visit the Dana Alliance Newsletter page.
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new YouTube project, featuring DABI members speaking on their topics of expertise. We already have more than 1,400 videos (from 2010 to the present) available for viewing and will continue to add to the collection.
Guy McKhann, M.D., writes a monthly column in the Dana Foundation's print publication, Brain in the News, as its scientific advisor.
Larry R. Squire, Ph.D., discussed his research on memory in the podcast "People Behind the Science," produced by the Society for Neuroscience.
The Society for Neuroscience interviewed DABI member Bernice Grafstein, Ph.D. on her role as an advocate for gender equality in the sciences and on her thesis on cortical spreading depression.
DABI member and 2015 Society for Neuroscience president Steven E. Hyman, M.D. wrote about the promise of Barack Obama's Brain Research through Advancing Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) Initiative in the Society for Neuroscience's Neuroscience Quarterly.
The work of DABI member Jeffery W. Lichtman, M.D., Ph.D. was featured in the Dana Foundation Briefing Paper "A Very Big Map: Connectomics and Its Limits".
Books by DABI Members
"Rights Come to Mind: Brain Injury, Ethics, and the Struggle for Consciousness" by Joseph J. Fins, M.D., published by Cambridge University Press
"Shrinks: The Untold Story of Psychiatry" by Jeffrey A. Lieberman, M.D., published by Little Brown
"Tales from Both Sides of the Brain: A Life in Neuroscience" by Michael S. Gazzaniga, Ph.D., published by HarperCollins
"Before I Sleep:Poems for Children Who Think" by Samuel H. Barondes, M.D., published by North Street Steps Press
"Madness & Memory" by Stanley B. Prusner, M.D., published by Yale University Press
The Arts of Neuroscientists
Conversations with DABI members about
their artistic pursuits.