Dana Foundation Timeline

1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s  

1950s

1950
The Charles A. Dana Foundation is established by Charles A. Dana, its first Chairman. With the help of his wife, Eleanor Naylor Dana, the Foundation develops interests in health and higher education.

On October 26, 1950, the first grant in the history of the Foundation is awarded to Memorial Hospital for Cancer Treatment for $25,000. The action sets a course for a steadfast commitment to the field of cancer care, therapy, and research.