Successful Aging Archive
Below is an archive of Successful Aging & Your Brain live sessions. The forums, held in cities across the US and UK, bring together leading neuroscientists for a dynamic exchange with the audience, covering topics including how the brain changes throughout life, memory loss, brain diseases and disorders, and how to maintain cognitive function. For more information about the Successful Aging & Your Brain program, please visit the Successful Aging & Your Brain main page.
Secrets of Successful Ageing… Later in Life
To prevent or slow cognitive decline in later life, one should adopt as many healthy lifestyle choices as possible, researcher Ian Deary told an audience at the Royal Society as part of the annual Successful Ageing event in London, England. His talk was organized by the European Dana Alliance for the Brain and the University of the Third Age (U3A). For coverage, read “How to Stay Sharp in Later Life,” a Dana Foundation news article.
Mente Sana en Cuerpo Sano
(Healthy Brain in a Healthy Body)
Watch a video recap on the Dana Foundation YouTube page.
Up With Aging!
Successful Aging & Your Brain, March 20, 2016 in partnership with the Manhattan Borough President, Gale A. Brewer, at the Up With Aging brain health event at CUNY Graduate Center. The panel discussion, moderated by Brewer, included three expert neuroscientists: Dan Alliance member Wendy A. Suzuki, Ph.D., New York University; Matthew E. Fink, M.D., Weill Cornell Medicine; and Scott A. Small, M.D., Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer’s Disease and the Aging Brain.
Successful Aging & Your Brain Kansas City
Successful Aging & Your Brain Kansas City at Overland Park Convention Center on Saturday, June 13, 2015. Loren Halifax from local WDAF Fox 4 TV moderateda panel with: Anne Arthur, ARNP, BC, University of Kansas Alzheimer’s Disease Center; Jeffrey Burns, M.D., M.S., University of Kansas Alzheimer’s Disease Center; Anne L. Foundas, M.D., University of Missouri—Kansas City School of Medicine; and Russell H. Swerdlow, M.D., University of Kansas Alzheimer’s Disease Center.
*Tips For Successful Aging: Increase Mental and Physical Activity
Successful Aging & Your Brain panelist Jeffrey Burns, M.D., M.S., emphasizes the importance of increased mental and physical activity to help the brain age successfully!
*Tips for Successful Aging: The Three M’s (Move, Moderate and Manage medical conditions)
Successful Aging & Your Brain panelist Anne Foundas, M.D., describes “The Three M’s” (move, moderate, and manage medical conditions) crucial to a healthy brain.
Go to the Dana Foundation YouTube Channel to view other Tips for Successful Aging video clips.
Successful Aging & Your Brain NYU: Brain Awareness Week NYC
Around 200 active-agers attended the Successful Aging & Your Brain program at the NYU Langone Medical Center on March 17, 2015, as part of braiNY, the New York City collaborative celebration of Brain Awareness Week. The panelists and moderator for the program were from NYU Langone Medical Center’s Center for Cognitive Neurology.
- Successful Aging & Your Brain Tallahassee, May 17, 2014
- Successful Aging & Your Brain in Mandarin Chinese, 8 programs in community centers throughout New York
- Successful Aging & Your Brain Oakland, Allen Temple Baptist Church, March 29, 2014
- Successful Aging & Your Brain NYU: braiNY, Brain Awareness Week NYC, March 12, 2014
- Successful Aging & Your Brain Atlanta ( AARP Life@50+ ), October 5, 2013
- Successful Aging & Your Brain Buffalo, New York, September 28, 2013
- Successful Aging & Your Brain Suffolk County, June 8, 2013
- Successful Aging & Your Brain Grace Baptist Church, Mount Vernon, NY Saturday May 4, 2013
- Successful Aging & Your Brain Hunter College, Friday, March 15, 2013
- Successful Aging & Your Brain, NYU, Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- Westchester County, NY, December 1, 2012
- Rochester, NY, October 27, 2012
- Lexington, KY, June 2, 2012
- Winston-Salem, NC, April 28, 2012
- Liverpool, NY, April 14, 2012
- Lighthouse International, New York, NY, November 19, 2011
- Hunter College, New York City, November 12, 2011
- Yale University, New Haven, CT, October 29, 2011
- Washington University in St. Louis, MO, May 15, 2010
- University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX, April 17, 2010
- Miami Science Museum, Miami, FL, March 20, 2010
- AARP Vegas @ 50+, Las Vegas, NV, October 22, 2009
- AARP Life Festival, Chicago, IL, June 6, 2009
- AARP Life Festival, San Antonio, TX, May 16, 2009
- Atlanta, GA, April 18, 2009
- San Antonio, TX, March 14, 2009
- Symphony Space, New York City, October 24, 2008
- Concord, NC, October 4, 2008
- AARP’s Life@50+, Washington, DC September 5, 2008
- St. Mary’s Cathedral, San Francisco, CA, May 17, 2008
- Town & Country resort, San Diego, CA, November 3, 2007
- Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Boston, MA, September 7, 2007
- Lincoln Theatre, Washington, DC, October 6, 2007