Neuro Futures Card Game
In this activity, participants will encounter bionic eyes, memory erasers, mood-sensing earbuds, and other future neurotechnologies with unknown societal impacts. After using tokens to vote on technology cards based on their own thoughts and values, participant will step into the shoes of another person to reconsider their initial choices. The game will foster conversations on how technologies and society influence each other and how people’s values shape how neurotechnologies are developed and adopted. Blank technology and people cards are included to invite participants to design their own technologies and describe themselves, respectively. Game adaptations are also included for large groups.
- How might future brain technologies change our society?
- How can we include many diverse perspectives and priorities in the development of brain technologies?
- People’s values determine which technologies are developed and used.
- New technologies change society, sometimes in unexpected ways.
- Scientists, engineers, and designers use their creativity to invent things and imagine the future, just like you do.
- Brain research benefits from many perspectives, including yours.