Zombie Autopsies, Grades 9-12
This interactive lesson plan allows students to create cures to stop a Zombie Apocalypse. Teachers will learn about and share knowledge regarding neuroanatomy, neurotransmission, and neurotransmitters. These topics will be integrated to develop novel medications that target specific brain region abnormalities.
- Title: Zombie Autopsies
- Setting: In Classroom
- Subject: Biology – Neuroscience
- Grade Level: 9-12
- Time Frame: 1 Hour Paired Dana Foundation
- Fact Sheets: 9th-12th Grade How Does the Brain Work?
- Next Generation Science Standards: Meets HS-LS1-2, HS-LS1-3
- Learn how abnormalities in the brain affect behavior.
- Explore hypothetical zombie neuroanatomy and how dysfunctional brain regions impact hypothetical zombie behavior.
- Synthesize knowledge of neurons, neurotransmitters, and neuroanatomy to create novel cures for the zombie brain.